It’s Auction Procurement Time ! How will you decide what to get? Ask yourself:
DO I KNOW
(or does anyone in my family own/do any of my friends own...)
A water ski boat or sail boat, jet ski, cabin, swimming pool, season tickets, a pair of event tickets, a club membership, a snowmobile, a private plane, a farm, a batting cage, etc. Offer use for a few hours or several days.
DO I HAVE
The ability to knit, sew, quilt, bake, scrapbook, build a birdhouse, paint or draw, play tennis or golf, fish, grow vegetables, build a deck, make homemade jam, can peaches, teach cake decorating, juggle or ride a unicycle? What passion or ability do you, family or friends have that you could share with someone else? You could teach one person or a group at their home or yours. Perhaps you may want to make something to donate. If you fish or hunt you can share your bounty.
DO I VISIT
A business/store regularly that I can ask for a donation? Does my family take a vacation at the same place every year? Do we enjoy a particular restaurant, shop in a certain boutique or hardware store? Most businesses have a giving budget and are interested in supporting their loyal customers and the local community. Start by asking what the procedure is for requesting a donation from their company. This opens up the subject in a non-pushy way. You may always ask at any store if you are buying something. They will see you are spending money and supporting them.
DO I KNOW
Someone famous -- in government, in business, a singer, movie star or astronaut, a local TV personality? Ask if they will donate a lunch, an autograph or a piece of memorabilia, a tour or tickets to see them perform. Or, maybe you know someone who has access to a special place or experience that would make a great auction item.
DO I NEED
More inspiration? Additional ideas? See what is selling on “Living Social” and “Groupon” to get your creative juices flowing. Many times you can call the company directly and get the same deal straight from them if they know it is for an auction, then the limitations and expiration date are more flexible. Or do a Google search for auction item ideas.
VIEW MORE IDEAS HERE: Ideas_of_items_to_procure.pdf
PROCUREMENT FORM: Auction_Procurement_form_Harborview.pdf
HOW TO FILL OUT PROCUREMENT FORM
• Please fill it out completely
• Please make sure Donor signs the form and fills in all the information.
• Because we won’t see the item until right before the auction, please give us a detailed description of size, color, specifics of the item.
• Tangible vs not tangible:
o Tangible items mean things that will go on the table; things small enough to display. Although a cord of wood is tangible, it won’t be displayed at the auction so it would be intangible, a gift certificate.
• Gift certificate: if you would like to make one for your item, that would be wonderful, but we can make it as well. We need to know by May 7 if you will be making it. This will give us time to make it.
• Please note the expiration date on the bottom of the Procurement Form. If the donation is something you want to have an end date for, then please note this.
• Please fill in the Solicitor’s name and phone number.