Why are we no longer providing onsite weekend services during the COVID-19 concern?
It is our conviction to work in submission with our federal, state, and local government agencies who have requested that gatherings of more than 10 people be postponed until further notice in order to slow down the spread of the COVID-19. We want to do our part to ensure that our healthcare systems continue to be able to offer effective treatment for the increasing number of patients.
How does HF make decisions regarding the COVID-19?
Our plan of action is to seek to hear from God and remain obedient to the Lord within the context of honoring our government leaders. We will continue to assess the situation within this framework as things develop.
How long will we continue to only provide online weekend services?
Our current plan is to continue with online-only services and events until the end of March, and possibly for some time after that. We will continue to stay alert to upcoming developments, paying attention to our government authorities and reassess accordingly. Please check your email, the Harborview Facebook page and our website to stay informed of our onward strategy.
What time will the Sunday service be live-streamed?
We will live-stream the service at 10am every Sunday until further notice.
Are there any remote connecting or learning opportunities available during this time?
YES! It is our priority to continue ministry, support, and connecting opportunities for our church family during this time. Please note the following connection and learning points that will be available for everyone to join:
- Every day @ 8:30am & 7:00pm we will host a Facebook Live session during this season. We encourage you to tune in through the Harborview Fellowship Facebook Page. Please make sure to “Follow” our page so that you will receive notifications. If you are not on Facebook then you will need to create an account.
- We will continue meeting online @ 10am on Sunday mornings through the Facebook Live portal, so again, please make sure to “Like” and “Follow” the Harborview Fellowship Facebook page.
- We will periodically provide pertinent truth content as we feel directed based on the unfolding situation. This will either be streamed through the Facebook Live sessions mentioned above or posted as videos or articles on our Facebook page.
- Our music team will provide a playlist of worship songs that will be a source of strength, faith and encouragement to you during this time. We will “pin” the worship playlist at the top of our Facebook page so that it will be easy to find anytime you visit. It is important to keep the atmospheres in our
homes God-centered and Spirit-filled during this time – this will provide spiritual stabilization in the turbulence.
- Please stay connected and tuned in to your small groups and ministry & service teams for ongoing personal connection and to provide and receive helpful information. If you have prayer requests, please make them known so that we can stand with you in faith for your situation. The building may be closed, but the church remains active.
- Youth, children, and women’s ministry will continue to communicate through the established channels, so please stay tuned to these demographic groups for connection and encouragement.
Please will you also use this time to make sure you are receiving our church emails so that you will receive any written communication sent out by us. If you have not been receiving our emails, it is because you are not subscribed, or they are going to your spam or junk folders.
CLICK HERE to join our HF mailing list.
This would be a great time to check your profile on CCB (Church Community Builder), our web-based communication and database platform, to ensure that your preferences for contact are set appropriately and your information remains current – CLICK HERE to access the CCB website.
What overall attitude do we encourage people to have during this unusual time?
God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind. (2 Tim 1:7)
While we understand that this is an unprecedented situation that is quickly unfolding and that many are gripped with different degrees of fear, we believe that God has the church in place for such a time as this. We are called to be light in the darkness. However, this does not mean that we abandon wisdom and behave irresponsibly. In fact, our compassionate care for others leads us to fearlessly cooperate with the universal goal of slowing down the spread of COVID-19 by supporting the cautionary measures instituted by our local and federal governments.
We therefore encourage an attitude of bold responsibility. Be on the lookout for ways that you can be a blessing and an encouragement to others in need during this time. Practical service is a sure way to make our presence and love felt by others.
Finally, let’s agree to make prayer a priority in our lives during this time. Pray for our church family and especially those who are sick or shut in during this time. Pray that the virus quickly becomes dormant and stops spreading. Pray for medical leaders and researchers. Pray for our government leaders to make wise decisions. Pray for the people in our communities. God is still on the throne, so let’s use this time to draw close to Him in prayer and worship.
What to do if I, or someone I know, needs urgent help?
We are instituting a hotline for those in our HF family who have urgent needs at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are setting up an infrastructure to provide services to those in our church family who are not able to get out and about. The above email address is the first step to enter the process, not only as one receiving care but also as a caregiver.
How can I give my tithes and offerings?
You can CLICK HERE to give. Please know that we are currently strategizing to provide continuing ministry in different forms during this time. We have invested in some new capacities to enable us to do so, and our basic operational costs remain close to normal.
Who can I contact if I have questions?